Minneapolis Duct Blaster® System
- Series B 110V System
- DG-700 Pressure and Flow Gauge (10 – 1,500 CFM)
- Cruise control with fan control cable
- TECBLAST test analysis software
The development of the Minneapolis Duct Blaster® has revolutionized performance testing of forced air distribution systems for builders, HVAC contractors, and in a variety of utility programs. The Duct Blaster is also used for code compliance for total duct leakage and duct leakage to the outside as in IECC 2009 and 2012. The Minneapolis Duct Blaster is a calibrated air flow measurement system designed to test and document the airtightness of forced air duct systems in both houses and light commercial buildings. The Duct Blaster fan is connected directly to the duct system in a house, typically at a central return, or at the air handler cabinet. With the remaining registers and grilles temporarily taped off, duct airtightness is measured by either pressurizing or depressurizing the duct system and precisely measuring the fan flow and duct pressure.
Duct airtightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California’s Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster
- The lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
- Quick and accurate airtightness measurements from 10 – 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- New Cruise Control feature will automatically control the speed of the Duct Blaster fan during testing.
- The Duct Blaster can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can’t be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster can also be used as a powered capture hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans. The new FlowBlaster capture hood accessory will accurately measure supply, return and exhuast flows from 10 to 300 CFM.
- Both 110V and 220V models available.
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
- Our DG-700 digital pressure and flow gauge is included with every Minneapolis Duct Blaster system.
- The DG-700 gauge contains 2 precision pressure sensors which provide simultaneous display of both duct pressure and Duct Blaster fan flow readings, for the most accurate test results.
- It’s specialized “CFM @25” features makes it extremely easy to get quick and accurate total leakage test results.
- Duct leakage test results can even by displayed in square inches (estimated size of all leaks in the duct system).
- The new Duct Blaster fan speed controller can be connected to the DG-700’s fan control jack for automated Cruise Control.
- The DG-700 can also be used along with the Duct Blaster fan to measure total air flow through the air handler.